Sprinkles

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

We have our young Miss C here for the weekend, along with her parents. We didn't get to see Miss C for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we're bringing in the New Year by celebrating Christmas together. Whatever works..... as C says.

I had started undecorating the house a few days ago, taking all the Christmas decorations out of the kitchen and the upstairs rooms, but I left the living room and dining room looking like the Christmas elves had come out to play. C's parents will go back to Clear Lake tomorrow, and C will stay with us for a couple of days. They came in separate cars, so C can leave whenever she wants. She doesn't know it yet, but when her parents drive off, C will become an elf and she will be helping me de-Christmas the house.

The first day of this new year didn't get as warm as expected, but the chickens didn't seem to mind. After having to coop them up earlier than usual yesterday (before we went to the 5:00 New Year's in Paris get-together) the hens were thrilled to be let out of the coop this morning. And the coop looked like the hens had a party in there after we left yesterday. The chickens aren't happy when they get locked in the coop before the sun goes down, and they let me know it by turning baskets upside-down, pecking at the paper that I spread out underneath their roosting bar, and leaving little surprise-puddles on the coop floor. When I went into the coop this morning, it looked as if a dozen teenagers had a slumber party in that coop. It took me twice the usual time to get everything straightened up and cleaned up in there this morning.

I'm just about all done-in for the day..... but the kitchen is cleaned up, the dining room table is set for the morning...... and I don't even have to cook breakfast. C's dad brought everything he needs to make homemade waffles in the morning, so he will be the chef. He has made waffles here before and they're very good. But truthfully, I wouldn't care what he was cooking, as long as I can just stand there and watch for a change. C's mom asked me what I missed about Clear Lake and I immediately told her All the great restaurants!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home