Sprinkles

Monday, October 18, 2010

Two words for Samsung Appliances....

DON'T BUY. Don't buy them. Ever. EVER. (As in never. AS IN NEVER.)

The pretty white box in my kitchen, which is supposed to be a refrigerator, is on the fritz once again. The repairman was just here in August, when the temperature was over 100 degrees and the fridge decided NOT to be a fridge. That fridge is barely a year old. In fact, tomorrow will be the year-to-the-day purchase date of that blessed thing.

This afternoon, I heard the same noises from that fridge as I heard in August and the first thing I did was take out the booklet and call the Samsung people-- they were so happy to hear from me, I'm sure. They called the local repair shop, and the guy will be here tomorrow morning.

The Samsung girl said it would be a good idea for me to get on their web-site, register my fridge, and that would entitle me to three months extra coverage on the warranty. Really? Do they expect me to have three more months of the same problems with this stupid refrigerator?

Even though I hated to do it, I got on the computer. And I hated doing it because I'm having problems with their product and I have to do their work for them?! Why couldn't they just do all of that over the phone?! I was slapping the side of my laptop because it was doing ridiculous things once I got on their web-site..... my husband heard me carrying on and came in to take care of the laptop and the registration. While I was still sitting at my laptop, though, the web-site asked me for a password to my wonderful new world of Samsung--- the password I chose was afreakingbadrefrigerator.

Once again, over the phone, I asked the people at Samsung for my money back. I'm sorry, but we can't do that.

Does that mean I'm stuck with this fridge for the rest of my (or its) natural life? Not if you have three major repairs done and the technician decides that it can no longer be fixed.

Would the technician take a bribe? Does he like fresh-picked pecans?

When we bought this fridge, we didn't know that a local private appliance store carried General Electric appliances. Had we known that, we wouldn't have gone looking at Lowe's and Home Depot for the other brands. All my life, everyone in my family has had GE appliances..... they last for years....... the fridge in the basement kitchen of my grandmother's house has been there since I was a little girl, and I'm 58 now! What more of an endorsement would you want?!

I told the Samsung girl that they couldn't give me another Samsung anything, no way, no how, for any reason whatsoever. I'm sorry you feel that way, ma'am. (They're so polite that it kills me.)

So right now, the fridge part of that pretty white box in the kitchen has turned itself back on. There's nothing wrong with the bottom-drawer freezer (it still works fine, just like the last time). Thankfully, I didn't go grocery shopping today, but I had planned on doing just that tomorrow.

We'll see what the repairman has to say when he gets here. I'm sorry, ma'am, but you may have to bury this here fridge in the back pasture...... (If he says that, I will be more than happy to toss the first shovel-full of dirt on top of that blessed thing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home