Sprinkles

Friday, February 19, 2010

Peachy Beige.

Our TV room is going from bright hospital-white to a soft peachy-beige. We went to Home Depot to pick out paint last week, and I've started painting the walls, one wall a day. I don't like to use a roller (I'm too messy with that thing). I bought a three-inch wide brush and that's what I'm using..... I'm much neater with a brush, plus the walls are a bit textured in there, so the brush is giving everything a nice heavy coat. So while the TV is turned on to the HGTV channel, I'm on a step-stool with my brush filled with peachy beige and trying to keep an eye on the cats so they don't dip their paws into the can of paint. So far, they have been napping while I paint, which is a good thing.

Yesterday, I gave in to my hair...... and got it colored. Rather than looking in the mirror and seeing more gray hair than I think is necessary, my hair is now a soft but deep brown. I didn't want to get started with coloring again, but I also got tired of the gray hair I was seeing because it was growing in with a totally different texture than my darker hair. The girl who cuts my hair told me (more than once) that the gray hair was aging me and I should get rid of it. I told her that I had a few cats who were aging me but I didn't plan on getting rid of them.

But I gave in....... I don't know why....... maybe my 58th birthday last month had something to do with it. I don't feel 58, I don't think I dress 58 (thanks to the show "What Not to Wear"), but when I looked at the 58-yr-old gray hairs coming inbetween my original color, that just got me a little nuts a couple of weeks ago. I thought the gray hairs were making me look 58 from the neck up.

I'm happy with the result...... and I will probably even get some lighter highlights in a month or so, if the sun doesn't give me natural highlights. (Can you get natural highlights in tinted hair?) I wasn't happy with spending the extra money on the coloring, though. I can think of a bunch of things that I would have rather spent that money on, but the hair color doesn't come cheap when you get it done in a salon. And I'm not one to buy bottled stuff and do it myself. I know my limitations...... let the professionals do what they've been trained to do and get it done right.

The weather has warmed up some..... yesterday was a beautiful day and my winter coat is back in the closet and hopefully I won't have to take it out again till the next godforsaken cold snap. We had more than a cold snap this year...... we had a frigid freeze that just wouldn't go away.

Back to painting.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home