Sprinkles

Monday, August 24, 2009

"The Art of Racing in The Rain"

I have just finished this outstanding book by Garth Stein..... "The Art of Racing in The Rain." An amazing character study, a wonderful window into the world, as seen and as written by Enzo, the dog whose owner works with and on cars, and whose dream is to be an award-winning race car driver. By the end of the book, Enzo's owner achieves so much more.

"That which you manifest is before you." --That quote will stay with you throughout the book. The story will stay with you for a very long time, especially if you're a dog lover. And if you don't love dogs, then beware.... you will after you've read this book.

I cried at the end. I knew I would.... I had tissues ready as soon as I got to the last couple of chapters. I was so overcome by this book that I could hardly explain anything about the story to my husband. I just held the book in front of me and told him "Read it. Just read it!"

That which you manifest is before you.

There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.

Just read it. Read it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home