Sprinkles

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stupid weather/stupid computer.

I don't know which is more frustrating-- waiting for this computer to decide if it wants to type what I want to write, or waiting for the weather to decide if it wants to be Spring or Winter. My vote is for Spring. Better yet-- Summer.

I got so mad at this laptop a little while ago that I pounded my fist so hard on it that AngelBoy ran out of the room and sped to the other side of the house. The pounding didn't make the laptop any better, but it made me feel better--- except for the side of my hand, which still hurts. (Note to self: Don't pound so hard next time.)

My husband asked me if I wanted any help-- I told him all I needed to do was to set this laptop down in the driveway before he backed out to leave for the office. All I wanted to do was to shut this blasted thing off, which it didn't even do. It kept popping up windows and asking me if I wanted to Cancel? or Continue Shutdown? The only thing worse than a stupid computer is a stupid computer that asks you questions.

As for the weather..... we have one day of warm weather when a pair of capris and a short-sleeved top is all you need (yesterday). Then we have a day when four layers of sweaters and a scarf just isn't enough (today). The temperature has dropped from nearly 80 to barely 50. How is that possible in less than twelve hours? The weather gods need to get a little Christmas spirit.

On the warm nights we've had, the cats sleep on the screen-porch. On the cold nights, they're inside, with AngelBoy in the laundry room, ShadowBaby on our bed, and Mickey Kitty either on his favorite chair in the TV room or his favorite chair in the living room. Halfway through the night, one of the cats will wake up and decide it's time to start the day, and then the other two wake up as well.

I can let AngelBoy out of the laundry room as soon as he uses the litter box in there, and then my blue-eyed cat will follow me back to bed and sleep by my pillow. Then Mickey Kitty runs through the cat-window into the screen-porch, decides it's too cold out there, then speeds back through the window and runs around the living room with his feet barely touching the floor. ShadowBaby gets up and meows in the kitchen for breakfast. My husband sleeps through all of this. When I get back into bed, I'm half awake, listening for any sort of jingle-jangle of the Christmas decorations which Mickey Kitty may decide to play with. I have to say, the cats have been really good-- ShadowBaby and AngelBoy never touch anything at all on the tree or around the house. Mickey Kitty is fascinated with the set of pink Russian nesting dolls that I have sitting beneath a pink Christmas tree. Mickey has discovered that if he pushes one of those little dolls to the floor, they will spin in circles when he moves them with his paw.

I really need to quit arranging and re-arranging Santas and angels and Christmas books around this house. The closer we get to our holiday party, the more I tweak things around here, though. Can't have delicate angels too close to the table edges where I know our friends will be standing around to get a look-see at the big tree. Can't have too many Santas where there will be people walking around with punch and hot cider in their hands.

Tomorrow, I will start with the tables.... opening up the dining room table to its full length, which means adding two leaves. Setting up a second table in the living room, and re-arranging chairs and small tables all over the room. Then there's a third and fourth table in the breakfast room, and still more chairs. I've checked the weather for Friday and Saturday, and it's going to be warm again... which is perfect because the cats will have to be on the porch for both nights. Thankfully, the weather gods have decided to quit their Bah humbug weather for party night.

Stupid weather. Stupid computer. And if this is my biggest complaint of the day, then it's going to be a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home