Sprinkles

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Costume changes.

After my husband decided on his costume for the Halloween party, I got to thinking that maybe I could coordinate my costume with his, so off to the stores I went today. Resale shops, thrift stores, and a costume shop.

I found everything I needed in the resale shops, so for less than $28, I'm all set with an entirely different costume than the one I had planned on a few weeks ago. I can't describe anything here till after the party, because I don't want to give away my husband's costume, and I don't want to give away the surprise I came up with for my own costume. Everyone will laugh out loud at my husband's costume idea, then when they look at me, my own get-up shouldn't need an explanation.

While I was in the resale shops, of course I found more Halloween decorations.... and how can you leave pretty Halloween plates there when they're less than fifty cents for each one? So many resale and thrift shops in this area, and they all have great stuff as long as you have the patience and the time to look for them.

The two Halloween stores in this area have lots of frightening things for a costume party. Everything from fake bodies in plastic body bags, ghouls and ghosts, headless witches, ugly pirates and bloody body parts. Not exactly my idea of a fun Halloween, and all of our friends must agree because for all the years we've had Halloween parties, no one has shown up in anything gruesome or ghastly.

All of the walking I've been doing these past few months has really paid off. The clothes I bought today for my costume are a size smaller than I usually wear. Certainly nothing ghastly about that nice little surprise in the dressing room. I was about to go out the door tonight for my walk, and the sky opened up with the third rainshower of the day. I turned on the television and exercised in the TV room while the third presidential debate was on. I watched as much of it as I could. They have both said it all before, and then some. Enough already. I wish they would just have the election so we can be done with all of this. When the signs go up for "Early Voting" in front of our local library, I swear I'm going to be one of the first on that line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home