Sprinkles

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Blue Swan

That's the name my husband thought of for the tri-level lakefront house that we're now in the negotiation stage with the sellers. The Blue Swan, because it sits up high on the peninsula, and it has a gracelful, Savannah-style, Galveston-style beach-cottage look.

We picked this house as number one in our choices because it's the newest, and the easiest to care for, with its casual indoor style and small property (lawn) and excellent boat dock and decking. The views are also gorgeous, with both open-water and cove views.

Our offer was put in yesterday, and the seller countered our offer but didn't come down too much. We made the offer taking into consideration the tri-level style, and the small property size, both of which wouldn't appeal to everyone. At the seller's asking price, we could buy a one-story home on a larger piece of property, but the water-depth and the views wouldn't be as good as this one. It's all a give-and-take thing, with every house we saw. This house just has more pros than cons.

The sellers have called their realtor twice since we put in our offer, and they have welcomed us to put in another offer. Our realtor thinks that they're sorry they didn't come down more in their counter-offer to us, and she believes they're motivated to sell now at our next offer. True to my husband's style, he's sitting back and waiting out the weekend before making another offer. True to my own style, I can't get the house out of my mind, and I just wish this wouldn't have to be so drawn out. "That's the name of the real estate game," says my husband.

And so it goes....... I eMailed my sister the realtor's page on the house..... she's calling to tell us to Buy it! Just buy it! She and her husband love the house. I love the house. My husband loves the house... he's just playing "hard to get" with the sellers.

As I've said before.... give me a blessed break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home