Sprinkles

Friday, September 24, 2004

Houston, we have a 'blog.......'

Ah....... first 'blog' on a new laptop. Until yesterday, I'd never heard of a blog. May as well try it. What's to lose? A few minutes a day at the keyboard? I'm here anyway.

My husband thinks this is crazy. Well, maybe it is. An on-line diary, he said. You're going to bare your soul, he said. Moi? Nah.

"Sprinkles." I used to write a newsletter under that title. Had to quit. It got too frustrating, between the writing, the printing, the mailing, finding new subscribers, keeping track of subscriptions. Plus a little thing like 'life' got in the way and I just got too busy with other things that made more money. Like eBay. Ever since The Powers That Be at eBay decided to advertise that great 'bargains' can be found on their site, however, bidders are really looking for bargains now and the bidding wars of days-gone-by are just a memory. Would you believe that I once sold a rhinestone necklace to a woman who kept bidding the price up just because she thought the colors of those faux stones would make a wonderful collar for her calico cat?

Today's Oprah show was interesting, by the way....... wives changing places with other wives: a Manhattan millionaire goes to rural New Jersey. Now honestly........ why? Did they have to pay her for doing that? And if they did, how much? She can spend $4000 a day shopping in Manhattan. Actually, you can spend that in ten minutes in Manhattan if you're in the right store. Why on earth she'd want to try to run a household in New Jersey is just beyond me. She looked as if she could barely deal with a run in her pantyhose. But at the end of the segment, she was in tears because the woman from New Jersey that she traded places with suggested to her that the hour she saved for her three kids just wasn't enough. One hour out of 24. For three kids, who are usually taken care of by her three nannies. So at the end of Oprah's show, the Manhattan millionaire promised to spend more time with her children. I hope she does. Keep the nannies so you can have "me time." Keep the chef and the chauffeur. By all means, keep the husband so you can keep on shopping. But treasure the children. For more than one blessed hour of every day.

Enough blogging for the day. And I didn't bare my soul. My husband will be pleased. Now.... can I have $4000 to go shopping? Three? Two? Okay.... $400 and that's my final offer.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home